In the tradition of pilgrimage churches, the Shrine Church is located high upon a hill with a campanile and dome which are visible from afar.
The interior of the Shrine Church is a cruciform domical church inspired by Italian examples such as Gesu, San Andrea della Valle, and San Giovanni Battista dei Fiorentini in Rome. Generous side aisles with shrines flank the nave, and major shrines to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary are placed at the transept. Corinthian pilasters support a full entablature inscribed with the names of the Virgin Mary from the Litany of Loreto. Images of four Doctors of the Church reside within the pendentives which support the dome with its clear windows and oculus. The vaulted ceiling is punctuated by stained glass windows which follow the life of Our Lady.
- Construction Commenced: May 2004
- Construction Completed: July 2008
- Area of the Main Level: 16,380 square feet
- Area of the Choir Loft: 969 square feet
- Length of the Nave: 147 feet
- Height of the Nave: 55 feet
- Interior Height of Dome: 100 feet
- Height of Baldacchino: 27 feet
- Number of Stained Glass Windows: 31
- Number of Confessionals: 3
- Number of Interior Shrines: 8
Areas for expressing our devotion to or love for God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.